Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Prince or a King?


 I decided to write this since I've been hearing a lot about Prince William and Kate’s wedding...enjoy reading!

Many have shown great anticipation on the wedding of the century where a fairy-tale-like story of a prince marrying a commoner happens for real. Although poll says majority of the British population doesn’t envy Kate for having William and marrying him, I know there are lots of Asians, Caucasians, Africans and all other races dreaming of being in the place of Kate right now –from just the usual girl-next-door to becoming Princess not just of the entire kingdom but of William’s heart; and on Prince William for having a gorgeous bride-to-be and a position in their monarchal hierarchy. But I have this one question; do I still have to dream of having a Prince in my life if I already have The King?

In monarchy, a king is higher than a prince. But how can I have a king in my life if first, I am not a part of the Royal family and second our country is a democratic not monarch, so there are really no princes or kings? But do you believe I have a king and he loves me so much?

It is true that I have a king and I am His princess. A humble king that has distinctive characteristics that no one but Him can possess. He does not want to boast to the world he is a supreme being. He did not force people to bow down before him. He is a king that heals the broken-hearted and bandages their wounds. He is the king that opens the door of his kingdom not just on earth but in heaven for his creations to come and enjoy paradise with him. My king does not judge. He is loving and merciful, slow in anger and full of constant love. He is a king who holds on to his covenant to each and every nation of the world. He is the king who loves me and my brethren so much that he gave his most loved son as a sacrificial lamb to save the world from sins.

Now you know who my king is. Indeed, He is the King of my Life. God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit – the Holy Trinity – is my King!

If He is your king, is there something else you could ask for? For me, there's none. His love is more than enough. With him in me, I could not ask for more.

[Written April 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM]

No comments:

Post a Comment