Monday, July 1, 2013

The Peanut Butter and The Cookie Butter

It’s been almost two months already since I saw from a friend's post on a peanut butter that seems to be gaining too much spotlight. Its looks like a peanut butter but it's called Speculoos Cookie Butter. Isn't it a peanut butter? When you look at it, you won't really see the difference. I'm wondering, how will they differ if they look like each other?

One day, I saw a post from my Facebook friend that she sells this cookie butter thing. My curiosity was stirred because many people from the same company I work for keeps on commenting for reservations. Hmmm, there could be something 'distinctive' about it that makes others run after it. So I decided to PM this friend and ask for the price (since I'm several weeks from a major vacation for the year, I have to see if this is within my budget). And she gave details and with lots of encouragement from blogs and posts I saw on the internet, I placed my order. Just one bottle. Even if it's out of budget *bleh*

There were too many days before I get hold of it. I thought I'm not going to have it at all. After a week and a half, it sat on my bag and waited to be tasted :)



Peanut Butter Lover


I so love peanut butter. I don't know why. I prefer it the creamy style (I don't like too many crunches) and spread thickly on top of my bread after a layer of butter. 
Sometimes I add another fruit jam on top. I can take peanut butter as is, on a spoon, as a dessert or snack. And monthly, it should be present on my grocery list. Honestly I prefer Peter Pan over the rest of the peanut butter in the market. I sometimes shift to Skippy, but it's just the two of them. I don't really patronize much locally made (sorry, sorry, I cant blame my taste buds!). With too much adoration (I'm exaggerating) to peanut butter, how will I welcome the cookie butter? The one they say "better" than my favorite?


The Cookie Butter

Available in CRUNCHY variety.
 I like CREAMY though  Ü
Hmm. First and foremost, it smells yummy. And it still looks as a peanut butter to me. Since it's mine, my sister who removed the freshness foil, gave me the honour to taste it first. It was like a slow-motion. Ha-ha! It's so smooth, and creamy but light, and all the taste of butter cookies paraded in my taste buds like it's the feast of St. Patrick!
It's like Nagaraya that says once you pop; it's really hard to stop. That’s what happened when I started eating my Speculoos Cookie butter. I just have to remind myself whenever I want to get a teaspoon after the other that it is expensive. That makes me somehow stop and reserve more for the next few days it will stay in my cupboard *wink*.

Peanut butter is one of my most favourite things in the world but it has met an equal product to share its place in my heart, cookie butter. There might be some other spreads out there that can really beat the taste of my two favourites. I can try them, they might be a good competitor to my taste buds' best friends but nothing can still beat the originals. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment